Looking for a fun Valentine’s Day Project?
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Are you looking for a last minute project to do with your charges? The best I’ve seen so far is this project for making Tissue Paper Valentine’s bouquets.
These paper Valentine’s Day bouquets make a great decoration. And one of our “unofficial” T+C employees (Anna, age 11!) turned some of these tissue flowers into decorative office pens!
For this project, you will need:
- Several sheets of white & colored tissue paper. Red, hot pink, light pink and white are perfect for Valentine’s, but there’s no reason not be get creative! Cut what you have into pieces into rectangles about 7 by 10 inches.
- Chenille stems. We used pink and green.
What to do:
- Stack eight sheets of white tissue paper and fold like a fan. The folds should be about one-inch wide.
- Tightly twist a chenille stem around the center of the folded tissue paper. We twisted some of the tissue paper “fans” with both pink and green chenille stems.
- Gently separate the sheets, pulling each end towards the center.
- Repeat the steps above to make more white flowers and more flowers of different colors.
- To make into an office pen, simply tape a ballpoint pen to the stem of each flower.
Tip o’ the “flower” to Stephanie Felzenberg (photos) and bethebestnanny.com (project directions).