Professional Housekeeper Training with Charles MacPherson
On May 11th & 12th, Town + Country is partnering with Charles MacPherson to host a two-day professional housekeeper training class at the Hotel Sofitel in Redwood City. We’re incredibly excited to have Charles here to work with some of our top-notch housekeepers.
Charles is the founder of Charles MacPherson Associates Inc. He has nearly three decades of experience in the service industry. In 2009, Charles opened North America’s only registered school for Butlers & Household Managers in Toronto. Charles has worked for and consulted with many of the highest-end hotels & resorts, as well as with prominent families around the world to help them set up their household systems, train and manage staff, and ensure the smooth running of their resorts, hotels, homes & estates. His web site is at www.charlesmacpherson.com.
This course is not designed to teach a new or entry level housekeeper. It is designed to improve & enhance the skill set of an experienced housekeeper who is serious about their job, skills and career. It is ideal for Town + Country clients who want to the opportunity to have their housekeeper take their skills to the next level. This class is a two-day version of Charles’ accredited housekeeper training program. Students will have both classroom and hands-on training. Each student will receive a copy of the housekeeping & laundry textbook from the academy. Subjects taught will include:
– Understanding Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
– Cleaning tools required for the house of today
– Cleaning products both chemical and non chemical
– Cleaning techniques for bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
– Dealing with specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, blinds
– How to correctly dust anything from delicate to everyday surfaces
– Dealing with specialty items such as antiques, art, books, draperies, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
– Time management, including scheduling your time, how to keep track of what has been done and what needs to be done
– Laundry, including sorting, folding, stain removal, ironing and hand washing
At the conclusion of this course, students who successfully complete the program and testing requirements will graduate with an academy certificate. The cost is $400 for registered candidates or employees of T+C clients; $500 for DEMA members; and $600 for all others.
Want more information? Call us at 650-326-8570 or 415-567-0956.